Divorce procedure for overseas Pakistaniadmin / November 29, 2018
Overseas Pakistanis living abroad have the same family rights like other citizens of Pakistan. Divorce for overseas Pakistani is possible even without coming to Pakistan. Overseas divorce in Pakistan is done through appointing a lawyer in Pakistan through embassy. Many facilities are provided by the law to overseas Pakistani in terms of family cases. Divorce procedure for overseas Pakistani is conducted by a competent lawyer appointed through power of attorney duly attested by Pakistani embassy for divorce. Any other person who is well acquainted by the law and procedure can also be appointed as an attorney by the person who wishes to divorce in Pakistan
Divorce procedure for overseas Pakistani are divided in to two category
- Overseas divorce in Pakistan by Husband
- Overseas divorce in Pakistan by wife
Divorce procedure for overseas Pakistani by husband: If a husband is a Pakistani national he can divorce in Pakistan. Even if a husband is not a Pakistani national but his wife is in Pakistan or a Pakistani National or even if both husband and wife are not Pakistani national they can get divorce in Pakistan provided that the marriage is registered in Pakistan.
- Husband will send a power of attorney to his lawyer.
- Power of attorney should be attested from the Pakistani embassy or consulate of the country where he is residing.
- When a lawyer receives the power of attorney he will proceed according to law.
- Proceedings of overseas divorce in Pakistan are conducted in arbitration council.
- Minimum 90 days proceedings will be conducted by your lawyer in arbitration council.
- After the proceedings of overseas divorce in Pakistan a divorce certificate will be issued by Nadra through arbitration council. This certificate is the sole and the only proof of divorce.
Note: Many things in Pakistan do not work by book. If you have hired a competent family lawyer in Pakistan he can get you the divorce certificate in no time as a competent lawyer very well know the shortcuts and the way how to minimize the time and procedural work for divorce for overseas Pakistani. Our fileburp Law Associates deals in divorce procedure for overseas Pakistani and can get the paper work done even a week time.
Overseas divorce in Pakistan by wife: The Divorce procedure for overseas Pakistani female is different from the overseas divorce in Pakistan by male. A wife has to file a case in family court in order to get divorce. A wife through her lawyer has to win her case in order to get a divorce. All she needs to do is to hire a competent family lawyer in Pakistan who will take details from the client and file a case in family court and ultimately get her the divorce. A wife in order to hire a lawyer for divorce has to send a power of attorney either directly to her lawyer or she can also send power of attorney to any of her relative who will then hire a lawyer for filing a case in family court. Our law firm fileburp Law associates is expert in conducting divorce procedure for overseas Pakistani.